Tuesday 30 June 2009

Doyle heads to Molineux for £6.5m

Doyler's off to Wolves then. Loads has been said on this already, so I'll not drone on - after all it was only a matter of who and when, not if. Dunno why but I watched this press conference and it made me feel a little queasy to be honest. He leaves with the good will and blessing of the fans for sure - and Nicky Hammond called him 'our best ever signing'. £80,000 for four fantastic years, and then sold for £6.5m. It's good for the club and the man, but it's certainly a sad moment. He always seemed like a decent sort, but I couldn't care less if he does well or not (never liked Wolves!), sorry but that's football, we move on. Just don't be surprised if he ends up back at our place on loan in April!

1 comment:

Strig said...

Did he really turn down Villa and Everton who apparently came in late - would you want UEFA Cup (or Europa league or whatever it's called this year) football. I find that odd really. I suppose at least he'll get more games with Wolves. Plus with Marcus already there I guess it helps. Good luck to him - I think he's one of our players who is more likely to make the grade and not sink without trace unlike Kits, Blakey, Sonko etc.