Thursday 4 September 2008

JM 'didn't hear' the boos on Saturday

Apparently John Madejski says he 'didn't hear the boos...' at half-time on Saturday. Personally, if I was the booing type, I would have booed Mr. M for his spectacularly misjudged Delia moment, not for any perceived lack of investment, which was the real reason why sections of the crowd gave him a hard time. The crowd were doing just fine, the team had played well, we probably should have been ahead I suppose, but the last thing we needed was the chairman doing his hubristic motivational thang rounded off with that embarrassing arm-waving routine. I did wonder why the announcer said '...you've heard the views of the chairman!...'. Erm, no we didn't actually, we just saw him prance about like a slightly pissed uncle at a wedding. I guess we should be thankful that he wasn't handed the microphone.

1 comment:

Strig said...

I think the arm swining was something to do with charging his hearing aid batteries - it explains everything!!